Biyernes, Hulyo 29 2011
Burgos, Ilocos Norte
History say's that natives called locoes (Ilocanos) by Chinese and Japanese traders, in the 7th AD called the place 'Bangbanglo' which means 'fragrance' because of the abundance of 'madre de cacao' with white pinkish blossoms diffusing strong fragrance. However, the village 'Bangbanglo' was called 'Naparitan' meaning 'prohibit' when the natives refused other tribes fleeing from sea marauders to seek refuge in their village.
When the people of Naparitan joined the Malong Magsanop uprising in the Ilocos Region when it broke out, they captured and beheaded two Augustinian Priests named Fray Jose Santa Maria and Fray Jose Arias, the name Naparitan was changed to 'Nagpartian' meaning a butchery place.
On February 28, 1914, the renaming of the town from 'Nagpartian' to Burgos was effected by virtue of Act No 2390 that was passed by the Fifth Legislative Philippine Senate. Indeed, the Municipality of Burgos had come up from a long way struggle, it endured countless tests, but with the inhabitants' will to survive and God's given ingenuities to them, it had metamorphosed into a harmonious and peaceful haven to behold.